The professors groups developed civic education modules through group and individual works in order to accomplish the Project objective: Pedagogical faculties in Macedonia develop civic education curriculum and methodology for the inclusion into pre-service teacher training.
The working group was structured according to similarity of the subjects the professors teach:
- Group #1: Professor PhD Tatjana Atansoska (Pedagogy) and Professor Mukerem Rusi (Psychology);
- Group #2: Professor PhD Hasan Jashari, Professor PhD Vlado Timovski, Professor PhD Vlado Petrovski and the facilitator Professor PhD Marija Tasheva (Sociology of Education);
- Group #3: Professor PhD Blazo Kitanov (Macedonian language), Professor PhD Nexhat Abazi (Methodology of upbringing work and Didactics), Professor PhD Zekir Kadriu (Teaching Methods of Mother Language with Literature for lower elementary students – Albanian language) and Assistant Jasmina Kochoska (Foundations of Democracy with Methodology);
- Group #4: Professor PhD Kiril Cackov (Nature and Science) and Professor PhD Adnan Kahil (Nature and Science on Macedonian and Turkish languages of instruction).
In June 2005, the civic education modules for pre-school and lower elementary education were completed for the following subjects:
- Pedagogy (both for pre-school and lower-elementary school students);
- Sociology of the education
- Teaching Methods of Mother Language with Literature for lower elementary students (Macedonian and Albanian language)
- Nature and Science
- Pedagogical Psychology
Every professor individually completed a brief program to be adopted by the Professors Board at each faculty. The Professors Boards approved the civic education modules at the pedagogical faculties such as follows:
- The Professors Board at the SEEU in Tetovo approved inclusion of new subject “Civic Culture” as a product of the two professors’ active involvement in this project, as well as approved implementation of civic education modules within the two subjects: Sociology of Education and Methodic of Mother Language with Literature;
- The Professors Board on Pedagogical Faculty in Stip approved implementation of civic education modules within the subjects: Sociology of Education, Nature and Science and Mother language with Literature for lower elementary students;
- The Professors Board on Pedagogical Faculty in Skopje (teaching process realized on three languages of instruction: Macedonian, Albanian and Turkish) adopted implementation of following subjects on three languages of instruction: Pedagogy; Sociology of Education; Methodic of Mother Language with Literature for lower elementary students (Macedonian and Albanian); Nature and Science and Pedagogical Psychology.
- The Professors Board on University “Tetovo” in Tetovo approved implementation of civic education content into the subject Pedagogical Psychology;
- Civic education modules for two subjects: Sociology of Education and Pedagogy for pre-school and lower elementary school students have been integrated at Pedagogical Faculty in Bitola.
The involved professors, starting from this academic year in October 2005, teach the extended versions of their subjects’ programs.